DART Awards and Recognition
Over the last dozen or so years DART and members of DART have been the recipient
of numerous awards, certificates of appreciation, and letters of appreciation
and commendation. The members of DART are proud of the emergency response and
recovery services that they've provided NASA, and the community. The following
is a listing of some of the recognition that DART and many of its members have
received since its inception.
- 1989 NASA Group Achievement Award to the members of DART for exceptional
service to Ames Research Center in the prevention of damage and the safe and
quick recovery from the Loma Prieta Earthquake of October 17, 1989, and for
placing the interest of the Center above their own personal interest.
- 1989 NASA Group Achievement Award in recognition of demonstrated
competence, resourcefulness and unselfish dedication in the planning and implementation
of the Ames Research Center 50th Anniversary Open House.
- 1989 NASA Group Achievement Award in recognition of DART's extended effort
in support of Ames Research Center's Emergency Preparedness Program.
- 1992 Federal Emergency Management Agency in recognition for dedicated
service in response to Hurricane Iniki to the members of DART that responded
with California Task Force Three.
- 1992 California Emergency Services Association awarded DART the Exceptional
Service Award in recognition of its volunteer efforts for emergency services
to the community above and beyond the call of duty.
- 1993 Shares High Frequency Radio Program, National Communication
System recognizes NASA HF Radio Station 906 (DARTCOM) for professional services
to the United States of America in support of National Security and Emergency
Preparedness during Shares Exercise 93-1.
- 1994 California Task Force III Certificate of Appreciation to the members
of DART that responded with CaTF-3 to the Northridge Earthquake.
- 1994 California Office of Emergency Services Certificate of Merit to the
members of DART that responded with CaTF-3 for their extraordinary service
in support of response and recovery operations to the Northridge Earthquake.
- 1995 Federal Emergency Management Agency Certificate of Appreciation
to the members of DART that responded with CaTF-3 in recognition of their
outstanding effort, skills, and courage in the aftermath of the bombing of
the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.
- 1995 In The House Of Representatives, In Honor of the NASA Ames Disaster
Assistance and Rescue Team - "Be It, Therefore Resolved that we, Congressman
Norman Y. Mineta and Congresswoman Anna G. Eshoo, on behalf of our colleagues
in the United States House of Representatives, commend and congratulate the
members of the NASA Ames Disaster Assistance and Rescue Team for their heroic
and patriotic service to the people of the United States of America".
- 1995 Congress of the United States, House of Representatives, Congresswoman
Anna Eshoo sent a letter of appreciation and gratitude to each member of DART
that responded with CaTF-3 to the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma
- 1995 Assembly, California Legislature, State Assemblywoman Jackie
Speier sent a letter of appreciation to each member of DART that responded
with CaTF-3 to the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.
- 1995 Board of Supervisors, San Mateo, Certificate of Appreciation
to each member of DART that responded with CaTF-3 to the Alfred P. Murrah
Federal Building in Oklahoma City.
- 1995 Governor Keating, State of Oklahoma, award members of DART that
responded with CaTF-3 to the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma
City a blue Service Ribbon.
- 1996 NASA Group Achievement Award to the Ames Disaster Assistance
and Rescue Team in recognition of its members who have prepared themselves
to respond to the needs of the Nation during times of disaster.
- 1997 California Task Force Three - Congratulatory Plaque for 10 years
of service to the community.
- 1997 Certificate of Special Recognition from Congresswoman Anna Eshoo
to the NASA Ames Rescue Team in recognition of its outstanding and invaluable
service to the community.
- 1998 NASA Group Achievement Award to the Ames-Moffett Flood Response
Team for extensive and exhausting efforts in response to the Flood-caused
emergencies at Ames Research Center and Moffett-Field.
- 1998 NASA Ames Certificate of Appreciation for DART's efforts during
the February 1998 floods at the Ames - Moffett Complex.
- 1998 NASA Ames Certificate of Appreciation to DART and others for
the many hours dedicated to making the Ames/Moffett Response '98 Full-scale
Exercise a resounding success.
- 1998 NASA Group Achievement Award to the Exercise '98 Response Management
Team in recognition of the extensive effort put forth in making the Ames Exercise
'98 emergency response a resounding success.
- 1998 City of San Jose, Outstanding Department Award, Office of Emergency
Services presented to DART for Excellence in the Management of Volunteer Resources.
- 2000 FEMA Certificate of Appreciation to members of DART for going
above and beyond the call of duty to make MOBEX 2000 a resounding success.
- 2001 Federal Emergency Management Agency, New York State Emergency
Management Office, Certificate of Appreciation presented to the members of
DART that responded with CaTF-3 - "In grateful appreciation of for your
professionalism, compassion and courage in supporting the people of New York
affected by the September 11, 2001 World Trade Center attack. Your commitment,
your dedication, and your spirit of service will long be remembered by those
you helped. FEMA-DR-1391-NY".